Ceramic Teaching Artist: Clayworks, the fourth largest ceramic arts educational non-profit in the United States, has an immediate need for part-time, contract teaching artists that specialize in working with clay. We are currently seeking energetic Ceramic Artists with a passion to teach. This is a part-time, contract position reports to the Community Impact Coordinator.
- A bachelor’s degree in the arts or arts education is desirable, but not required.
- Experience working with children and adults of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Must be highly proficient in handbuilding techniques and have some basic wheel throwing skills.
- Applicants must have a passion for bringing an amazing clay experience to others.
- A valid driver’s license from the State of North or South Carolina and the applicant must pass a background check.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable. Our programs happen daytime, evenings and on weekends.
- Must be willing to co-teach with another teaching artist for larger programs
Physical demands: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Other: Travel to site-specific teaching locations is key for this position; therefore, candidate must have reliable transportation and must be able to transport materials to program sites.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in Clayworks
- Current Resume
- 5-10 examples of your own studio work
Send applications to Susan Hughes, Community Impact Coordinator, email@example.com
Clayworks is an equal opportunity employer. Clayworks prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, political ideology, genetics, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation and training.